Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well, this is awkward...


Hello there, friends. One thing is for sure, it has been far too long...almost two years, in fact.

So, where do I begin? I guess I should prepare you, my dear

readers (if indeed anyone is still out there, hello???), for a possible punch in the gut...

You see I am "one of those" infertiles. You know the ones we all love to hate, the stuff of urban legends and the origin of "just relax" and it will happen...IT happened and I am now a mom, of not one, but TWO gorgeous girls
.

Lydia Kathleen was born on August 31, 2011 in a home away from homebirth, (but that is a crazy story for another day!). She was our surprise BFP, our Christmas "miracle", our 2% chance you will ever conceive on your own, jackpot winner. Apparently Sean's varicocele embolization worked better than we ever could have dreamed.





The long and short of it goes like this: it was Christmas 2010 and I was still nursing Eliza who was about to turn 1. I had a few postpartum periods, but the thought of TTC had never even crossed our minds. We loved being parents and we were quite busy with Eliza. A few days after Christmas it dawned on me that my period might be late. There was a nagging voice in the back of my head that told me I was pregnant, but I refused to believe it. How could I possibly be pregnant?! the voice wouldn't go away so, while I was doing some last minute shopping for Eliza's 1st birthday, I grabbed a few HPTs.

I didn't even take my coat off before I ran to the bathroom to POAS. It popped up positive immediately & I shouted to Eliza, still bundled in her infant seat, "I KNEW IT!!!" I scooped her up, pee stick in hand and we drove to Sean's office to share the joyous news. Long time readers might remember this post, where I surprised Sean at his office to share our BFP news. This was becoming a habit!

Needless to say, I didn't make a public announcement this time, I simply called him down to the car to meet me. He was shocked, I was shocked. We were thrilled, but nervous. Could we really be pregnant on our own after 5yrs, severe mfi, a damaged tube, a history of uterine polyps, 3 failed fresh ivfs & an fet???

Yes, yes we were & after an uneventful pregnancy & very eventful labor & delivery, 3 became 4 and here we are today. Parents of two girls, Eliza & Lydia. It still takes my breath away.


There is so much I want to share with you about my girls. About what an incredible two years it has been, about Eliza & how she has brought us joy each & every day. About her sign language, her huge vocabulary & her funny, expressive personality. About what an amazing sister she is. About our sleep struggles. About her tethered cord syndrome & surgery. I want you to know all about Lydia & how easy going she is. How breastfeeding is a million times easier. About how having 2 kids under 2 is the craziest, most stressful, most rewarding, most incredible thing I have ever done. I want to tell you so much, but I don't even know where to start...

Thankfully, Sean did know just where to start. The ladies have inspired my husband to blog about life as their daddy. And an incredible daddy he is. My girls and I are lucky to have such a caring, loving, affectionate & selfless man in our lives. I never, ever took Sean as the blogging type, but he is hooked! His blog is pretty amazing stuff if you ask me, but I'm a little biased. Head on over to mydaddymydaddy.com & check it out. Leave him a little comment love while you're there! He also tweets @mydaddymydaddy.

Reading his blog has reminded me how much I loved blogging & how much I missed it & how emotional it is. Honestly, it's been tough to revisit some of the darker days of our journey. It has also made these days so much sweeter.

So what about this blog? To be honest, I'm not sure what the future of this blog is. I may keep it & rework it, I may close it & begin anew. For now, I am looking forward to catching up with my blogroll!

A few more pics...




17 comments:

RMCarter said...

I'm still here!! I've been dying for updates from you! I also had a little girl (finally!!!). She was born in October. I am happy to hear from you and I hope you'll check in more often now. :). You're girls are gorgeous and I am so very happy for you!

RMCarter said...

That should be "your girls are gorgeous". :)

Barefoot said...

Congratulations on your beautiful family. I'm sure that your hands are MORE than full, but don't be a stranger!

shawnandlarissa said...

Congrats! I'm also one of those stories. We were told we would likely never conceive on our own. Baby #1 came from our second IVF. Baby #2 was a surprise BFP (born Nov 2011). And I'd love to hear that birth story. We had an unexpected home delivery for #2.

Mo said...

wow wow wow!!! congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful girls! You are blessed and I am sure shouting from the rooftops! Very exciting news! :)

SMK

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are back! Congratulations on your beautiful girls.

Mandy said...

Wowza!

Well congrats! And that's amazing! And I'm so happy! And I REALLY GLAD I didn't delete you LOL!

I think you also just made me a little nervous for myself!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

I'm so excited to read your update here! :) Your girls are so adorable!!!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

OMG congrats to you!!!! Ya know, if I didn't have my own "three under three" I would be super jealous that you're one of "those infertiles" LOL. But a million congratulations to you and your amazingly gorgeous little ladies!!!!

bella1021 said...

YEAH! they are adorable!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear more details!

Anonymous said...

I was so surprised to see that your blog was updated. Congrats what an amazing update!

Bee said...

What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations!

Brandy said...

Wow, how amazing! They're beautiful!

www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wow!!!! Amazing story. Your girls are beautiful! And you are right -- totally urban legend! I had no idea those stories were really real. What a day that must have been.

We are trying for number two right now ourselves. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that we get another miracle too!

Carrie1074 said...

Still here and very happy for you! Congratulations and your girls are beautiful!