Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wine, Caffeine, & Nitrates OH MY!

Mmmmm! We had a pre, (or maybe it was post), IVF feast last night & it was amazing! We went to dinner at my best friend's house and it was an IVFers nightmare but since I have not started the shots for #2 yet, I was in heaven...Let's see, we had Diet Cokes - caffeine and aspartame! Then, the first course was cucumber salad with big, huge chunks of Feta in all of its unpasteurized glory. Dinner was an amazing pasta dish with Nitrate- filled sausage... Dinner would not have been complete without the bottles of wine we polished off!

The best part, I don't think we uttered the words IVF at all the entire evening.

I started off this morning at Starbucks with a Grande White Mocha - I am having a big, food temper-tantrum and I am loving it!!! My waist line, however, well that is a different story...

Did I mention, Sean & I *finally* had sex on Thursday night??? It had been more than a month and I was more than ready to go! See, there are some benefits to being in between cycles???

In spite of it though, I would give it all up a thousand times over just to be pregnant and have a baby of my own...

2 comments:

Jill said...

I sooo wish we lived closer. I have been drinking Diet Coke and wine, and eating sushi and lots of feta cheese lately on salads. Yum. I'm so proud of us for livin' it up before we go down that road again.

P.S. I'm thinking about attacking Steve tonight for sex. It's been a month already!! Thanks for the motivation, sister!

Christi said...

sounds like a good time and my plans for this weekend!! :)

hope you are doing well...