Wednesday, April 1, 2009

FET Madness - Day 14: Ultrasound Day!

Today was "do or die" for my uterine lining. I was a little worried that the universe might throw a little April Fool's Day shenanigan my way just to spite recent hopeful mood. Alas, karma (and Estrace) have been good to me and my lining was a 10 today, a "perfect 10" in the words of Dr. P. and blood work confirmed that I have not ovulated (for once this is a desired outcome). My prolactin is also back into the normal range after being off meds for awhile - yay! All is well and we are ready to get this show on the road!

Tomorrow: begin Endometrin suppositories and Prednisone.

Sunday: Thaw Day!! Blood work to check P4 levels.

Monday: Embie report - our goal: grow those little guys to blast

Tuesday/Wednesday: Stand by for transfer!

Beta: April 16th - it seems so close!!!

I love that my transfer will be on either Tuesday or Weds, both are good days in my world. Tuesday is the birthday of a dear woman, Carol, who was like another 'mom' to me growing up. She passed away in 1992, but I celebrate her birthday every year. Sometimes Sean even brings me yellow tulips (her favorite) to remember her. Wednesday is Sean's birthday and special to me for obvious reasons. I am always looking for signs and symbols and these dates are good stuff in my book!

Still feeling hopeful, happy and in a good, positive state of mind. I very well know that this might not work either, but that's ok. I need to take that option off the table right now and just focus on the good stuff.

The Year of Hope? Yeah, I'm feeling it...

24 comments:

bella1021 said...

EEK!! AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!

Peta-maree said...

That is fantastic News I have everything crossed for you for the transfer.

Leslie Laine said...

Hi Emily - I love the way you're looking at this. It sounds like all things are moving in a positive direction, and there's no reason to think of it any other way. I'm thinking of you and praying for you every single day!

Just me said...

That all sounds great! I love your sunny, positive attitude! I'm going to try to let some of it rub off on me! :-) Hope this week goes PERFECTLY for you guys!!!

poppy.f.seed said...

hurrah for moving forward!!! I am so hoping this works for you...

Anonymous said...

woot woot! So happy that this is progressing! congrats on the lining!

Christi said...

love it! good stuff, good karma, good dates, TONS OF HOPE!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! And so glad that the timing is working out so nicely for you. Despite my best efforts, I'm a sucker for 'special days' and omens, too. It sounds like you've got a couple of fantastic ones to aim for with this! Fingers crossed so hard that they're going to be crooked with all this wishing good things for you!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you had a great appt. today! I love all of the dates and their significance!

Where's my miracle? said...

You can't get much better than a perfect 10!!!! Yay! I hope that you are well on your way to a BFP!!!

Lost in Space said...

So much good stuff happening for you, Emily!! I love the date significance and hope the 2009 year of hope brings you the 2010 year of baby. (-;

piecemeal people said...

Hey - remember our "tongue on a flagpole," why-can't-they-just-put-them-in-frozen-since-they'd-be-stickier-that-way theory from earlier today? I figured out the snag...so looks like Dr. P is probably on the right track after all. :P

Hoping and praying to be a sobbing mess (in a good way) on my front porch when you stop by after beta on the 16th! (Yes, you will be stopping by.)

C said...

Great news!!!! and i love your attitude...((hugs))

Bee said...

I'm feeling it too. I'll be praying for you all week!

Xillary said...

Sounds like an awesome plan and everything's lining up for you guys! Excited for you!

kayjay said...

I always look for signs too and use it as a barometer of how much the universe is going to cooperate with me. This time,it seems like the universe is cooperating with you so GL!! I hope they all thaw, grow to blast and then settle in for a 9 month snuggle!!!

ME! said...

WOO HOO! That is so awesome. I am glad it is all looking great so far. Isn't it a shocker sometimes to have a body that works like it is supposed to?

Petrucia said...

great news!
cheering for you!
I also love these little signs about dates and such.
yeepee!!!

Barefoot said...

Hooray! So excited that things are moving along.

sweetpeanme said...

Wow it does seem like its all happening so fast!!! That's so wonderful!!! Thinkin' about you!!

Just Another Mother said...

FET do move fast! I'll be thinking of you and your little embies this weekend. So far, so good!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news on the lining and hurray for moving ahead. You and I are going to be just a couple of days apart in our transfer days. I either transfer tomorrow or on Sunday. Fingers crossed that your embies thaw well and grow to perfect blasts!! :)

Our Family Blog said...

glad that all is going well so far. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you. I love your positive energy. Love you girl!

Phoebe said...

Good luck on the thaw tomorrow!!