Transfer was a no-go for today. When we called to check in the embryologist said she was "on the fence" and wanted another look at them. She called us back 45 minutes later and said we would wait until tomorrow to transfer.
We had 1 fully formed blast but she said the quality was "mediocre." We also have 2 early blasts that she said showed promise. The remaining 3 have shown some progress, but they are not expecting much.
She feels that by waiting until day 6, we will have the full picture and hopefully a better selection of the blasts and some good quality stand outs.
I asked if this was a bad thing and she said, "Not at all. Day 6 is a common transfer day for FETs. The embryos can be slow to wake up as a result of the trauma of freezing."
I asked if we run the risk of losing them in the next 24 hours and she promised me a blast to transfer tomorrow. That is totally out of her control, but I do trust her!
That was about the extent of things. I call tomorrow @ 10am to chat with Dr. P about how many to put in and transfer is scheduled for 11:30!
Sean is excited that he gets to celebrate his birthday by bringing "home" the embies and having a stay at home day :)
I managed to score a haircut and pedi for today - treating myself to some spoiling! We have family coming in for Easter so I have some loose ends to tie up anyway. Looks to be a busy day after all! Thanks for all the support and good vibes!
Grow little ones, grow!